DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Camera advice please

Posted by Gleaner - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ozzy Mandias - 3 years ago

Can't go wrong with Canon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by a3 - 3 years ago

Chevrefeuille is right there is little to choose between canon or nikon in terms of camera quality, nikon tends to veer to sports or press photography canon all round use. However canon has the far greater lens range and the l series glass is very very good. So which first body you buy dictates the lenses you buy and as canon and nikon have different fittings you tend to buy later bodies which match your lens...

I have a 400d my husband a 5d and 7d and he will take the 400d on occasion for the weight benefit using his professional l glass lens........the quality is good.

He also has lumix tz60 amazing compact camera with a 30x zoom! The quality is perfectly acceptable not quite as good as canon cmos but a realistic tool for him as a professional. 

The real question to answer is what are you using it for do you need additional lenses....most cameras give good results these days look at those in smartphones but to take more than just snaps a dslr may be what you require. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by a3 - 3 years ago

Chevrefeuille is right there is little to choose between canon or nikon in terms of camera quality, nikon tends to veer to sports or press photography canon all round use. However canon has the far greater lens range and the l series glass is very very good. So which first body you buy dictates the lenses you buy and as canon and nikon have different fittings you tend to buy later bodies which match your lens...

I have a 400d my husband a 5d and 7d and he will take the 400d on occasion for the weight benefit using his professional l glass lens........the quality is good.

He also has lumix tz60 amazing compact camera with a 30x zoom! The quality is perfectly acceptable not quite as good as canon cmos but a realistic tool for him as a professional. 

The real question to answer is what are you using it for do you need additional lenses....most cameras give good results these days look at those in smartphones but to take more than just snaps a dslr may be what you require. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

we recently bought the canon 1200D and are very pleased with it! I bought in on sale for 299 with a lens and bag :)  never had such a great camera with so many options :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

The decision that you make now will affect your photography for many years. I'm a Canon person myself and over the year have added lenses and accessories to my original kit. My daughter followed in my footsteps whereas my son bought a Nikon. They both take fantastic photos, the biggest problem is which route to take and that's got to be your choice. Luckily between Canon and Nikon it's a choice you can't get wrong.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gleaner - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your replies. The Canon 1200D looks good, I have checked the prices of lenses for such and they are a good price.  However, I am currently going after a Nikon D80.  If that doesn't pan out, then I will look into the Canon Flowergrader.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

What about a mirrorless (CSC)?

Fuji very good-XT1

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-compact-system-camera-2013-the-best-models-reviewed-960832

Sorry no image available
Posted by flowergrader - 3 years ago

Canon 1200D.

Sorry no image available

I have been looking at various cameras and came across an alternative. Google Lily -camera ;)

Sorry no image available

Thanks bart, they were one of the cameras I was considering. Currently looking at a Canon 400d or a Nikon D80. Anyone out there with experience of these two?