DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Carp Fishing

Posted by carpangler - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lauraseifenblase - 3 years ago

Hi,

We have just started a Group on Facebook for all the carp anglers in Brittany to socialize, make new friends and exchange information.

Watercraft Bretagne is a group which has been created to connect carp anglers all across Brittany. 

Everything carp-related is welcome i.e. pictures, videos, information, items for sale, etc.

Watercraft Bretagne

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1024704880925479/?fref=ts

Feel free to join. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by breton eagle - 3 years ago

Blavet Valley Lakes are a superbly run carp fishery with carp in excess of 59 lb. I caught 8 carp in my first 36 hours for an average of 30lb.8oz. Bait and tackle hire available and they have a superb web site.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

Have just looked at Clearwaters website and see they charge £50 for 12 hrs. There is no need to pay silly prices like that over here, it's not like UK thank god. Have a look for some French run waters as your local French carper is only prepared to pay around  20 euros a night and there are plenty to go at.   Take a look at  Carpa Trophy as an example.

Sorry no image available
Posted by proff - 3 years ago

Try dave at the milin de ruchec he has a full bait service & tackle shop

Sorry no image available
Posted by carpangler - 3 years ago

Web search shows Clearwater Lakes are local to me with carp up to 50lb, does anyone have any experience of fishing there?

Sorry no image available
Posted by david shellard - 3 years ago

Hi  i have been fishing QUELEN LAKES for 10yrs and this yre has been my best with a PB of 36lb and a total of48carp to date from 16lb upwards

Sorry no image available
Posted by lauraseifenblase - 3 years ago

Hi,

I am into carp fishing. Glomel is good for carp up to mid 30's. The best bait you can get locally is in the hunting and fishing shop in Callac. It's a local company making freshly rolled freezer bait and pop ups. My Boyfriend and I have both caught fish into the high 40's from around this area on that bait. Good luck,

Tight lines 

Laura