DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

England v Wales on Saturday

Posted by usfive-390948 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by usfive-390948 - 3 years ago

Great post Jamie.  :-)

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

A very enjoyable and tense game played at a high tempo with lots of good rugby. I am delighted for wales and induldged in a bit of a sing song last night,and I thought that gatland playing both warburton and tipuric side by side at the end of the game was a touch of genius.

I also enjoyed englands performance majoritively and agree that the kick into the corner was a too high risk move to make in a world cup match at such an important moment. I personally do not rate chris robshaw as one of the greats as flankers go,and I find his decision making dubious at times to say the least.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves emotionally after last nights game though as wales have not yet qualified,and with both fiji and australia to come,we still have work to do. would love to see the two sevens playing together again,as that made massive impact. Tipuric is an incredable talent and warbie isnt too shabby.

England can still qualify too. They got a bonus defensive point last night and a five pointer against fiji (whereas australia did not) so are still well in the running for the quarters.

I would love to see both england and wales qualify,

A win for uruguay this afternoon against the aussies would be lovely,and like the chance of it raining fifty euros notes all weekend,it is some what against the odds.

Good luck to you all for the rest of the tournament

Love and light

Jamie xx

cymru am byth 

Sorry no image available
Posted by usfive-390948 - 3 years ago

Yes, well done to Wales,   We would have had it if we had taken that penalty instead, but ah well never mind!     Yes, you're right Gleaner, there are at least eight or so teams who still have a good chance!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gleaner - 3 years ago

Seems like mystic meg has spoken. Good game though and given  the results so far in the world cup ie, Japan et al, I guess anyone from one of around 8 teams still have a real chance. Great, this is what makes it sooooo interesting.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

One thing for sure, on that and previous performances, neither of them have an earthly chance of winning the World Cup.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernana-407546 - 3 years ago

Well done Wales, fabulous match, completely hoarse here now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sergeantrock - 3 years ago

About this evening, well not much to say really, England field a better side on paper with Wales missing key men, so an England victory. We won a bigger points difference against Fiji than Australia so I can see England doing the job with some cash to spare at the end. Will be a good game, hopefully the TMO will not spoil the fun. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mervyn Weston - 3 years ago

Hi Jamie,

If you are in Burgundy you are down south !! where the weather is warmer, Laniscat/Gouarec is in Brittany were at the moment its wet and cold, lets hope the match creates some heat !!!

However, have a great night, come on England.

Regards, Mervyn & his little friend Sooti.

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

Just looked at the line up and wales are fielding the best team we can which is our best minus halfpenny,rhys webb and jonathan davies and lancaster has dropped ford to bring on farrell and has brought on barrit and burgess to up the stopping power of jamie roberts.

Looks like it will be a full on match and where I think wales have more ball stealing capacity from the flankers,I think the lack of davies means that england have got the centre advantage.

Evens things up nicely me thinks.

To be honest I want to see both teams qualify,and knock australia out,though this is just based on family ties and is no means racist against the drinkers of  xxxx

Come on wales

feed me til I want no more xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernana-407546 - 3 years ago

I don't know where it is being shown live hereabouts in the Guemene area either, but just say that I too hope its a cracker and may the best team win. Supporting Wales here btw