DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lake Glomel

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 4 years ago

Thank you.   That access route will do to begin with.   I shall go exploring tomorrow, weather permitting.    I live not far from Lac de Guerledan ... so I'm looking for some water to walk beside.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 4 years ago

Hi WT,

The lake is HUGE!!!   If you take the small road behind the row of restaurants, across from the church, you'll see the entrance and the small beach.   There a many different access routes, depending on where in the lake area you want to go.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 4 years ago

I never realised that there is a lake in Glomel.   How do you get to it from the village ?

Thanks in advance.

WT

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 4 years ago

Our black lab used to love walking and swimming there.Never went near the beach-plenty of walking and swimming along the side and other end of lake.Enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by paginator-402855 - 4 years ago

The lake will be open  for boating activities. this year at some time .

There will be boats for hire, dogs do go on the beach, there is a place for children 

and the small cabin will be open  to serve refreshments.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Space Cadet - 4 years ago

I don`t think I`d let my dog swim in the lake at Glomel and personally I wouldn`t swim in it either.
I have seen the size of the Zanders and Pike that are in there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 4 years ago

Hi Harley Rider.  I too had a black lab who just loved walking at the far end of the lake.  There aren't any signs up but I know that people don't appreciate having dogs running over the man made beach.  At the other end of the lake it is lovely for dogs, just go over the stone bridge and there is a wood that dogs love.  People also go fishing there.  If you take the road down past the cemetary in Glomel you will find a small lane that goes to the other end of the lake where there aren't usually many people.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 4 years ago

Thanks CharlotteM....  that sounds great!   Do you know whether dogs are allowed?   I have a Black Lab that loves to go swimming!

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 4 years ago

I heard the beach at Glomel is having a fresh load of sand on it this year.  It's usually open for swimming and also kayaking and sailing.  There are supposed to be pedaloes as well this summer.