DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Metal detecting

Posted by Garry c - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

And an awful lot of rusty nails and chicken wire.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

Invite your friendly neighbours for a bevvy, ask them if you can scan their land.  Good luck. There is gold in those hills.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

Oh-ren ishii

Years ago in Ilfracombe, a man asked me if he could loan the metal detector I used to have 'Yes' I replied

Later on, a knock on the door

"Drinks on me" he shouted A group of us went to the pub; He emptied his pockets Bless the metal detector. A good night was had by all. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garry c - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your comments, food for thought eh

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

Considering they ignore the burning of tyres on the road as part of a protest, I certainly wouldn't be worried about the Gendarmes be worried about a harmless hobby. Unless anyone has personal experience otherwise perhaps?

Sorry no image available
Posted by wizzywhiskas - 3 years ago

You certainly need a permit from every Mairie in whatever commune you want to 'detect' - nothing like the UK and the Gendarmes will want a word if they see you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garry c - 3 years ago

Lol :-)) I was thinking more along the lines of historical small change around about the Roman era

ta 

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosby - 3 years ago

You may already have it in place but I think you have to have a license for them here and various permissions?  http://www.unevacanceenfrance.com/metal-detecting-in-france/

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

The beaches at the end of the day after everyone has left are usually a good bet. People often drop change from their pockets while getting changed into and out of beachwear and don't hear it dropping in the sand. Message me and I will tell you where to send my percentage :)