DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

motocross and trials

Posted by jamesb6707 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jamesb6707 - 3 years ago

Sounds like an amazing weekend!!!

I knew it would be, obviously gutted i didnt make it.

Gotta say Ben Townley it one of the sports most naturally talented riders I have ever seen and a nice guy too. I think he could be off the bike for ten years an still be mega fast. He is though jinxed with the injury gremlin!!!!

If he ever gets to Farleigh Castle for the vets nations ill have to pay a visit.

Thanks for the info if i ever get my licence sorted ill have to give Ernee a try i think as its not too far.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

Yes, went to Ernee and had a great weekend. The Brits had there usual luck when they were in with a real chance of a podium. Max Ansties accident on the Sat looked terrible at the time so glad to hear he is recovering well. Yes, the French were favourites with a very strong team on home soil, Febvre was fired up for it and Musquin had a score to settle with Martin. As you know the Yanks don't lie down so we had some fantastic close racing and going into the last race it was all up for grabs. Barcia  did'nt get the start he needed and could'nt produce the early pace to get on terms with Febvre, he pulled through later as riders started to tire but by that time Febrve was gone. Game over! Special mention to Ben Townley, to come out of a long retirement and compete at that level was impressive. To push Febvre all the way and finish second in the last race was stunning!   Ernee is the best viewing circuit I have been to and the atmosphere unbelievable, never seen so many chain saws lol! It's back there again in 2020 don't miss it next time!

Sorry no image available

Hi

never really got on with enduro , but maybe have a look into it, i do see a lot of flyers for them. I have checked mx brothers , plenty of tracks just cant ride untill i am ffm which seems to be a bit of a task ha ha. Had planned to ernee but the friend i was going with dropped out last minute and i didnt fancy going on my own. Did you go? i should have had a bet on france winning.... no way they would let the yanks beat them at home!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

Have you thought of Enduro?  With your mx and trials background you will have a head start. Anyway take a look at  Scaer moto verte on google, they run trials and enduros all over Brittany. Go on  MX Brothers France for a list of tracks. Did you go to Mxon at Ernee last month? 

Sorry no image available

Hi

That sounds great. im based in guitte near Dinan.

Could you please send some contact details.

Many thanks

James

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Hi

Not sure where you are but I have a small  technical moto track in one of my fields and into my woods would be willing to let you use it at your risk, there are a few of us that use it but dont want the numbers to high, we are in Plouray 56

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilla - 3 years ago

Whre are you based?  There is a club near us and there is a small band of enthusiasts riding in privately owned woods where they make their own sections in this area, which is near Carhaix, Dept29