DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Playing rugby

Posted by Cookatreat - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shark7 - 2 years ago

hi yo cold always give American football a try(no pun intended) at lannion they are a young team only been going for 3 years and they need players to increase the size of their squad I'm sure you would be welcome no experience necessary.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cookatreat - 3 years ago

I'm Church of England by upbringing ....... so that's pretty much a catch all , anything goes !! 

And my my trusty skills as a prop will probably lead me to a bit of Celtic wrestling , 

Sorry no image available
Posted by stogang - 3 years ago

A good rugby team and a good vicar thats sounds like a unique criteria.

Are there that many vicars in France?

Good luck with the rugby, not that I know a lot about rugby I wa a hooker!

Paul

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

I would imagine that as a loosehead it can be quite a challenge to switch teams and connect instantly with a new tighthead.

I wish you luck in finding a likeminded battle partner.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cookatreat - 3 years ago

Thank you all very much for all your efforts and time , will check them out and plan a couple of visits , will be organising a bit of a tour at the end of the season , so hopefully have a chance to play against a few before settling over , 

a good rugby team and a good vicar are the two main criteria in choosing our next house !

i'm a rather slender loose head but bendy and experienced enough to hold my own in the lower leagues !  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andsoonandsoforth-399880 - 3 years ago

There is also an A and B team for adults if you aremore serious than the leisure team but there is a place for you somewhere I am sure. They organise some brilliant events for all ages and have an absolutely brilliant ethos. Must be good as we travel ver an hour to get there several times a week!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andsoonandsoforth-399880 - 3 years ago

What about Plouzane? My boys play there, there is a leisure team who play Sunday mornings-mostly for fun. Federal 3 but going up!

If you would like details or contact numbers then just mail me.

Vannes is not a good choice for having a bit of fun as are heading their table in the federal 1 league and would not be a team to get involved with unless you wanted to live,breathe and eat RCV.

They are playing some superb rugby at the moment and fingers crossed they can make it through the play offs this year and get up to the pro2 league.

Would be great to see a breton team progress into one of the two top levels in the country which is mostly dominated by south and south west rugby.

Allez RCV

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

I think you will find Vannes has one of the most pro-active clubs in Brittany.Organising the under 25s World Cup and I am sure currently organising a Womans World Cup.

Pontivy definately appear to be a good bunch of lads and if were happy to just chuck a ball around on occassion and can offer a bit of passion,I am sure that they would try you out in the B team.

Auray have progressed very well over the last few years and have gone from the honneur division into the top half of the table in the federal 3 league. Would be a good choice if you wanted to be a bit more serious about it.

Maybe one summer we could a load of us off here to get together for a game of touch rugby someplace,  It could be a laugh !!

Number 15 for me please :-)