DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rainbow trout

Posted by brittany garden design - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by brittany garden design - 3 years ago

Hi, thanks for treplying...our predecessors anchored a home-made raft with a tailor's dummy complete with cape and souwester in the middle of the pond:  they said it kept the cormorants away, but your advice is noted! I'll check out alternatives...

Cheers!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Babyboo-10042253 - 3 years ago

I have read with interest that you have lost all of your fish stock, I would advise not to bother with trout unless you are prepared to buy a 'gun' as my own fish stock have on a number times been eaten in front of my own eyes by Cormorants and trout are not necessarily the best fish to stock a small  lake. Stockin your lake is done between November and February by all means stock with trout but they will  be taken again garantee it. So I reckon your best bet buy some large Mirror carp and tench so the Cormerant cannot eat them.

You pay by the kilo in France under no circumstances buy them from this forum if I remember they are about 4 € a kilo and they are put in a big plastic  oxygenated  bag's will survive easily  a couple of hours while travelling back.

It's taken me 8 years to find a decent fish farm . This one past Vanne. 

Aquaculture continental. St Relot Freres

9, rue du Rocher Tourney 44780 MISSILLAC

02 40 66 86 24  best of luck

br />