DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Scrabble Anyone?

Posted by Tilla - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MrsOverallagain - 2 years ago

Hi there. Will you be playing Scrabble this Sunday 28th Feb? Would love to join you if not too far away. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilla - 3 years ago

We are continuing to meet on the last Sunday of each month at 3pm at my house.  There are eight of us, but we do not all make every meeting.  If anyone is interested in joining us please get in touch.

Sorry no image available

SO - the Scrabble sessions have started!  Three of us met today and enjoyed a good game followed by tea and biscuits. Much use was made of the Chambers and we discovered how different it is playing live to games on the internet!  There was a good deal of laughter and we had an interesting if not too serious game!

Next month we will meet again at my house on the last Sunday - the 29th at 3pm for round 2. We have space for other players and welcome all comers!

For more info contact me either through e-mail or on this thread, which I will watch.

Sorry no image available

Sunday 25th October at 3pm will be the first Scrabble session at my house.  Anyone who is wanting further information and is interested in coming along please message me via e-mail through AI or leave a message here on the thread.

Sorry no image available

Hi Jaykay

Very glad to hear that Scrabble has brought you worldwide contacts via the web and you have made friends that way.  For me its a question of wanting to do things in a more traditional way, as I already spend a lot of time communicating with people via the net and value face to face contact and less strain on the eyes!  To me it seems richer to experience people in the flesh and handle more than just keys when playing games!  Call me old fashioned - thaks for the info though - its appreciated.

Tilla

Sorry no image available

Marvellous!  Welcome and thank you for responding.  I am proposing to host the first meeting and I am suggesting a monthly meeting on the last Sunday of each month, perhaps around 3pm, so we can have tea/coffee at about 4 and not get stuck in dark nasty weather when travelling to and searching for future meetings.

If this does not suite anyone that would like to join in please say so and we will look for alternative solutions. If it does fit then please get in touch with me via the e-mail facility on here and I will send you address, directions and a mobile number.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wendolene-891474 - 3 years ago

I would be interested and live near Rostrenen.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

I play on my computer all the time but I play real people and have made many friends, even had one lady come all the way from the south of France to see me and later this year I am meeting a Canadian that I met on the scrabble site when she comes to Paris from Canada. I have made friends with people all over the world. I suppose you could say I am a scrabble addict. So if you can't get out to join a group the scrabble site is brilliant.

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Hi, I would be interested as well.  I play a lot on my Nintendo, but I get tired of playing against machines.  I can also play in French, but not at a hugely high level!  We live near Callac, in 22.

Sorry no image available

Hey! That's good, two replies already! I will e-mail my address to you both. How about the last Monday or Sunday of each month?