DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Soluble Loo Paper!

Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by genie-382498 - 3 years ago

do a search on ''using bio laundry liquid in the toilet cassette holding tank'' - works for me, as does the paper bought in local supermarkets - suitable for septic tanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

http://www.camping-car-plus.com/

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

We use Carrefour's own brand toilet roll.  It is  "fosse freindly" so it disolves quickly.  Never had a problem with it.  The ones you buy in motorhome outlets iare no different but more expensive.  As for the  blue chemical, we also buy that from motorhome outlets here,  the French brand not Thetford, no more expensive than it is in the UK, especially with the exchange rate as it is at the moment.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 3 years ago

Hi,

Netto sells a decent rolls pack of 9 for 2 Euro ..

As for using "Blue" .. we have not used that for many years .. we fitted an air extractor to the toilet instead ..

I should think anyone using a fosse, would be very wary of you emptying a cassette down their toilet if you were using "Blue" ..

Rgds

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by chef du gare - 3 years ago

Thetford make a  range of cassette toilets and also the free standing Porta Potti. You can generally by the rapidly biodegradable toilet rolls in most caravan and camping stores. Although we use a premium soft tissue that works as well and is generally cheaper. You will need Thet ford blue or green liquid for the cassette and the pink rinse aid for the water reservoir if one is fitted. If in doubt ask your local caravan dealer.

PM me if you need further info

CdG

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Be prepared for a shock when you see the French price of the loo chemical!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmat-437477 - 3 years ago

We buy in packs of 12 from Arc en Ciel at Guidel,also the  Thetford blue chemical,  I would think any motorhome outlet should stock them