DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tooway Satellite

Posted by MrsOverallagain - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Last time it was a TV,insurance wouldn't pay out as they said there was no mention of it in the terms and conditions ,so looks like its not a good way of replacing your aging electrical goods.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrsoverall - 3 years ago

A novel solution. I'm not sure I can get our cat onto the microwave, nor indeed get him to pee on it.

Although I could do with a new microwave I don't really want another cat.  Kind offer.

Sorry no image available

This morning the cat peed on the microwave which then went bang and tripped all the power ,it took me a while to find out what the cause was ,but after getting the power back on the lights on the tooway box stopped flashing,at the moment they are blinking as normal,perhaps you could try the same cure but if you hav'nt got a cat then I do have one who is looking for a new home.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrsoverall - 3 years ago

Hi bartyb. Thanks for your replies. I thought the "turn off - turn on" trick might have done it, but no, the 4 lights are back flashing in unison.

I checked the Modem readings. Rx power -39.9, Rx SNR 12.3: cable resistance1.00: Cable Attenuation 8.9.

When I go to the home page at 192.168.100.1 there is a red exclaimation mark next to Tria. The tria readings are TX if -33.5 and TX RF 30.0.

I tried the installation routine but still no difference. I'm still wondering what's going on.  I can still access the internet.

Look forward to any more helpful comments and suggestions you might have. 

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

As you say, that should be fine. could be either the tria or the modem.

One thing that might be worth a try is to go through the installation routine as that does a whole bunch of resets and in any event the Nordnet techies will insist that it's an alignment problem.

Sorry no image available

Out of interest, what is the cable resistance showing as?

Sorry no image available

The pack that nordnet supplied me with had a reel of cable and a bag of connectors, one DVD and a how to do it in pictures,its been up for eighteen months and lights started to flash after a recent period of heavy rain,I checked out everything but cannot find any problem so am assuming it must be the modem.

have a look at the Tria on 192.168.100.1 , at the bottom there's a few items, all of which should have green ticks.

Also

You say you've redone your connections, that worries me as the connector on the outer end should be a pre fitted compression connector which are completely waterproof. You are using the cable supplied by Nordnet, I've not found cable for sale in France that is good enough.

Sorry no image available

With mine ive done all the checks ,all the figures are within parameters yet lights still flash ,so am assuming it's modem and will contact nordnet,