DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tour de France

Posted by NellP-986196 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

We parked about 1k from the turn/2k marker on the N164 after Caurel and sat between the corner and the 2k marker right at the barrier, never thought we would get that close!  Wonderful day out!

Sorry no image available
Posted by davel-383163 - 3 years ago

Easily parked 400 metres from the vicious turn 2k up to the finish at the wall of Brittany, stood next to the 2k marker, met some fantastic people, had a fantastic day, took some great photographs and just when my friend and I thought that it couldn't get any better, we bumped into Mark Cavendish happily signing autographs and posing for photographs including ours.

Team time trial tomorrow finishes 10 minutes from where I live, bring it on can't wait.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

Nelp

WOW WOW what a day. Broons 4 km along the road. 

In the Countryside, small crowd on a steep hill.   Clear view of all the amazing Sports men in action. .What a privilage, What a day!!!!!!.......

Can't wait till next year. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paulette 395 - 3 years ago

Wanting to see start in Rennes tomorrow. Does anybody know if the normal city centre market near rue des lices will be on that morning or if it has been cancelled?

Sorry no image available
Posted by dawnbook45 - 3 years ago

This may help with the route

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/stage-8.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by lafolie-417520 - 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the route through Mur is the same as it was a couple of years ago, I'm sure they went through the centre last time. 

Sorry no image available

We decided not to take our motorhome, we we know we would have been parked up somewhere tonight and as our visitors don't arrive until tomorrow, that was a non-starter.  We don't expect to park up by the side of the route and expect a fairly long walk.  still looking forwRd to it! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mervyn Weston - 3 years ago

I only hope that those that decide to watch la Tour at Mur. have a good day, I checked out the possibility of taking my camper and parking somewhere. However with a drive out today in the car I decided it would be much better to sit and watch it on TV.

For those that do, enjoy !!

Regards,  Mervyn.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for your response.  Did a reccy today, lots of "no parking"  signs in place between Corlay & Mur.  Approaching the Mur crossroads on the 164 from Rostrenen, no restricted parking and we could see where they plan to close the road, (the bollards are at the side of the road in readiness)  and it is within fair walking distance.   Fingers crossed! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

probably optimistic about the parking, there was a charity bike race last week, and even the roads that were open nearby had parking restrictions on them; i'd guess that there will a strict no parking rule along alot of the N164 near MdB. maybe a quick reconnaissance trip tomorrow would be a good idea?