DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can you rcommend an ISP?

Posted by avonlady-781067 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Real Skippy-781915 - 14 years ago

Like most things here, if you don't speak French the customer service is pants,Wanadoo are as good or as bad as any other! We are lucky enough to have ADSL (ISDN in UK), so take your pick.Skippy Arkwright

Sorry no image available
Posted by compass-781835 - 14 years ago

Go to any France Telecom shop/outlet and pick up the Wanadoo CD. Throw in computer, follow instructions and away you go. If you sign up for an account (not the pay as you go) then you can change the account type online with discounts.

Sorry no image available
Posted by joy-781762 - 14 years ago

I want to connect to wannado my french is not to good yet is there any way I can do this without having to struggle with filling in forms etc

stacky

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anna-781357 - 14 years ago

Hi, does anyone know if Wanadoo do a ASDL or satellit up-link option for busnisses in rural areas?

Sorry no image available
Posted by ukgrapevine - 14 years ago

I returned to Wanadoo, after a disastrous time with free.fr!

I'd say they are about the best all round, at least they try to help!

A lot of people like tiscali, although I found them a bit expensive.

So I would avoid free.fr at all costs, problems started when I moved home (within france!) and they kept charging me but refused to change the address, then sent me threatening letters if I didnt pay, and I'm still waitng for a reply 10 months on (from a letter sent suivi!).  Left out of pocket, and extremely annoyed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ukgrapevine - 14 years ago

I returned to Wanadoo, after a disastrous time with free.fr!

I'd say they are about the best all round, at least they try to help!

A lot of people like tiscali, although I found them a bit expensive.

So I would avoid free.fr at all costs, problems started when I moved home (within france!) and they kept charging me but refused to change the address, then sent me threatening letters if I didnt pay, and I'm still waitng for a reply 10 months on (from a letter sent suivi!).  Left out of pocket, and extremely annoyed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-781209 - 14 years ago

You can connect to wanadoo.fr and only pay for the time you are online, I find them OK Stay away from Club Internet, they cut you off without notice then send you big bills for the service you can't use, then when you don't pay they call in the baliffs.Lofty

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-781209 - 14 years ago

You can connect to wanadoo.fr and only pay for the time you are online, I find them OK Stay away from Club Internet, they cut you off without notice then send you big bills for the service you can't use, then when you don't pay they call in the baliffs.Lofty