DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

CEAUCE, as a place to live ???,

Posted by austinbell - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marcel-781135 - 14 years ago

No reason why not Lorraine, I believe you make your own luck, research as much as you can, learn as much French as you can, and you`ll already be better placed than a lot of people already living here.

Best of luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by austinbell - 14 years ago

Thank you Marcel for your reply, we now have a clear picture of the area's we would like to search for a property, when the time come's and our house sell's here. It's so good hearing from people who can tell you about individual place's and what's there,I hope we are as lucky as other's who have made the move from Uk to start a new life in France,once again many thanks Lorraine.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marcel-781135 - 14 years ago

Hello LD,

Ceauce, as I`m sure you know is half way between Domfront and Ambrieres les vallees, the main road which goes through the place is quite a busy one. Your almost on the Mayenne border there, and all around is typical Normandy countryside, St Fraimbault is`nt far and that`s very pleasent round that part.

There is probably about 1000 people living there I suppose, a nursery school, primary school, and a college. Doctor, chemist, post office, butcher, baker (candlestick maker? probably) garage with petrol, couple of cafes and a hairdressers. There`s also a campsite situated at the back of the college.

If your religious, there is a very large church as well.

Hope that helps.

Marcel