DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Giving birth in Normandy

Posted by cj-780870 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 14 years ago

P.S. regardless of where you have yours, be prepared for not much sleep :o)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 14 years ago

My partners private room was covered by her top up insurance, the service we received during her pregnancy was excellent (because of her being "a certain age" there were lots of tests) and when things went slightly off course at the end (umbilical cord over the shoulder like a seat-belt prevented her dropping down) the cesarian was carried out like clockwork and it is now difficult to see the scar (the surgeon really placed it discretely in a crease!)

The clinic let her stay in for ten days as well as with the cesarian she couldnt stand for a couple of days, and the mutual then paid for a home help by means of cheque emploi type service which was really useful.

A super experience and baby and mum are both fine. Baby will be four months old this weekend.

Thank you the French health service.

Regards,

Bob

Sorry no image available
Posted by cj-780870 - 14 years ago

A private room would be great, I was reading on a website about France that it is rare.  I still have to look at the hospital but umming and ahhing wether the UK is best.  Because they have midwives etc.  I know nothing about the French system. 

Thanks for the advice.

CJ

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeni-780887 - 14 years ago

How lovely to have 10 precious days alone with your new baby, especially when you have another two at home. When I had my third in England, in a small maternity unit, I was asked to leave on the second day to make room for another Mum! :0)

Hope all goes well with the birth.

Jeni

Sorry no image available
Posted by green fingers-780882 - 14 years ago

sorry !  ............................get planting after the birth perhaps

green fingers

get planting....

green fingers

Sorry no image available
Posted by green fingers-780882 - 14 years ago

sorry, I wimped out and went back to the UK for by babies!

a friend had a baby recently and she spent 5 days in a private room and was allowed home only after she could demonstrate she knew how to wash and feed her baby!

another friend spent 10 days in a private room (baby number 3)

so I think generally the service is better

good luck! 

get planting....

green fingers