DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I'm new to Hambye and need contacts

Posted by Debbie-781106 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Debbie-781106 - 14 years ago

Jane

Thankyou for your supportive comment. I have received many e-mails from several  people who have been in my position, (that is wanting to make friends with other English people in France) Eventually I do Intend to be part of the French community but we all need a little help sometimes.

Debbie

Sorry no image available
Posted by jane-780853 - 14 years ago

debbie,we have found that english homeowners in france very quickly find out about new english homeowners in the area. they will, no doubt, introduce themselves to you and that will give you the lead you are looking for.i'm sure you've thought about the pleasure YOU want to get out of your home in france. Do it your way, and enjoy it!!jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by judy-781043 - 14 years ago

Julia, I was about to ask Debbie the same question.  I  agree with you. Surely part of the pleasure in being in France is getting to know the people of that country.Jude

Sorry no image available
Posted by Julia-780937 - 14 years ago

Sorry to ask, but I wondered why you wanted to be part of the English community in France? Strikes me as a little odd to buy a home in France to then want to find the English people living here. I'm really not being critical, just curious. Surely part of buying in France is to become part of the French culture?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Debbie-781106 - 14 years ago

Hi Bob

Many thanks for the list of builders and gardeners.Fantastic site,full of useful info.

Debbie

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 14 years ago

Debbie,

For Artisans try The AngloFILE builders here, and here try gardeners.

Regards,

Bob