DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Internet access for a couple of weeks only

Posted by Chris-781066 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cj-780870 - 14 years ago

If you go into any France Telecom shop and ask them for the free access libre cd-rom.   This allows you to connect to the internet via wanadoo and you pay through your phone bill.  Costly if doing it for more than a few weeks but very easy to set up.

Cj

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chris-781066 - 14 years ago

Thank you everybody !!!

I have a clearer idea now as to what to tell my friends.

Have a lovely day,

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iso-781447 - 14 years ago

They should be able to access their Hotmail account from France - I have friends all over Europe with Hotmail accounts. All they should need to do is get in touch with Hotmail and find out the local dial up number, type it in to the box that flashes up when they are about to connect and bingo... I think!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Priory-780845 - 14 years ago

Try opening an account with freesurf.fr - you can use the account to dial up and pay only for the call when online. You can then access any POP3 webmail accounts.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chaussettes-781390 - 14 years ago

Source an internet cafe / pc shop that offers internet access in your locale as access to their hotmail account does not require the use of their own laptop. I am not aware of any ISP's that offer accounts for just two weeks but I am happy to be corrected by those in the know! Alternatively, suggest they set up an auto reply "on holiday will get back to you eventually" enjoy the rural tranquility of france and leave the laptop behind!!