DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Living in Orne

Posted by Anneandrod - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ugo-781527 - 14 years ago

We live in the Alencon area, but are also moving to Mortagne very soon, we havefound a gym and an indoor pool there. It also has dog training facilities should you have a dog or think of buying one! A small hospital and as previously mentioned Alencon is excellent for any big items shopping wise. regards, Ugo

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anneandrod - 14 years ago

Thank you for your help. Have just been over to the area and had a good look at the places mentioned. Mortagne-au-Perche is very nice as is Alencon. We also notices that there was an outdoor pool in Belleme, which brings me to another question. At the moment both my husband and myself belong to a gym, Rod for the gym itself, and me for the heated indoor pool. We would like if possible to be able to continue with this type of exercise in France. Do you know if this type of gym is common and where we might find one?

Thanks, Anne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian nr Vimoutiers 61-781255 - 14 years ago

You will find excellent help from a very friendly husband and wife partnership, Francois and Effie Iorsch, who assist in relocation activities, and who were very helpful and friendly with us when we relocated - all at very reasonable rates!

They are located right in the area of the Perche which you mention.

They were full of advice and assistance with info and translation and "hand-holding" in the preliminary and settling-in stages,

Look at their website at www.normandypropertyassist.com I am sure you will find them of great help.

Best of luck with your future plans

Brian Hyder-Smith

Sorry no image available
Posted by JamesFrank-781446 - 14 years ago

Hi,

If you go to Belleme, you are close to Mamers and Nogent-Le-Rotrou, Doctors, and the like are found there small hospital to. 

James

Sorry no image available
Posted by JamesFrank-781446 - 14 years ago

Hi,

If you go to Belleme, you are close to Mamers and Nogent-Le-Rotrou, Doctors, and the like are found there small hospital to. 

James

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chris-781066 - 14 years ago

Hello Anne,

Others will probably be able to help you more since we don't exactely live in any of the 3 areas you mention, however, all I can say is that you wouldn't be very far away from Alençon and as far as basic things are concerned, you couldn't get much better in any other part of Orne.

Alençon is a lovely old town and has absolutely everything you need: doctors, dentists, chemists, opticians, supermarkets, station etc, etc.

Alençon is also the 'chef-lieu' of the departement which means that should you have to go to the Prefecture for anything, that's where it would be. We are living just on the other side of the border, in Mayenne, and every time we have to go to the Prefecture or to the URSSAF for my freelancing registration/paperwork (I'm a translator), I have to drive all the way to Laval - 80kms :(

Negative points...can't think of any right now - we just love it here!

Hope this helps,

Chris