DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Relocating to Normandy ( Information needed )

Posted by austinbell - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by austinbell - 14 years ago

Hello Harry, please email us with all the details, including prices,and we will keep you in mind,the area would be perfect to search for a property and to use as a base,many thanks.L.D.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Jane for the advice I will try the website and have made a note of the telephone number,still to sell our property here,so once it has we can come over and have a good look about, all the best Lorraine.L.D.

Sorry no image available

Hi Shelia thanks for your prompt reply, we need all the help we can get before hand, so any information we are given will be a great help indeed,we are both in our  early 40's and I feel if we don't do it now we never will,we have 2 kids boy 18 + girl 21 and a 1 yr old grandson but they will remain in UK. We are going to look about for a good few months for the right place and right area for us, we don't want to take on a total renovation as I think that will just be too much,and I beleive we need to be over there ourselves, it's no good just looking at photo's once again many thanks Lorraine.D.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Jeni for the advice,we are not going to rush into anything,we want to spend a few months at least looking about for the right property in the right area,Lorraine.D.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sheila-781354 - 14 years ago

Calvados is beautiful but very expensive due to English and Dutch people paying over the odds for property.  Slightly inland is much cheaper.  Be careful if buying property that needs work, builders are hard to find and it is nigh on impossible to find someone to re-thatch a roof.  Take your time and have a good look around.  French Agents are very aggressive, don't be pressured into signing anything unless you are sure.  Nevertheless, with French Law you have 7 days to change your mind after signature.  Ask how long a property has been on the market.  You will be shown the ones they can't shift first!  But don't be put off, there are loads of wonderful houses in very beautiful villages.  Life is relaxed here, no traffic on the roads except near the coast and the food is wonderful.  Equemaville, Pont L'Eveque and Lisieux are all cheaper than coastal towns and have all the facilities you require.  There are lots of camp sites and St Gatien des Bois might be a good place to camp as it is well placed for all the main routes and motorway.  Don't hesitate about coming to live in France, you will love it.

Sheila

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeni-780887 - 14 years ago

Hi there

thought I would reply as no one else has yet although I can't be much help! :o) I am going to pick up the keys to my new french home next week and hope to move house permanently when the sale of my house in England is complete. The one piece of advice I would offer is to take your time and look at lots of areas. Don't be rushed in to buying something, it is so easy to get carried away!! And enjoy yourselves :o)

Best wishes and good luck

Jeni