DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Telephone, Internet, Mobile Help

Posted by JBrooks - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Perdu-781567 - 14 years ago

Hi

I've gone with teleconnect 0805 024000. They do the cheapest phone rates. Call them, they speak English and French. For your internet call Colin Appleby on 0033 5532 48574. Colin was recommended to me by Teleconnect. He will set you up on the internet and link to your Outlook express for 30 euros one off connection fee and a subscription fee of 13.50 euros per month for help if can't connect etc. Then when you dial anytime the line for internet only costs 2 cents per minute. Bargain!!

Perdu (female)

Sorry no image available
Posted by linzsam-781510 - 14 years ago

thanks for your reply denise  ive found the problem with staying with aol is you are charged £2.50 per hour  to connect they have given me a french phone number to open a french aol account and to order an english version the problem is i could not speak to anyone english so im back to square one

l wheeler

Sorry no image available
Posted by Denise-780974 - 14 years ago

I was with Aol in England and I stayed with them when we moved here in April.  I had no trouble at all.  When you log on just go into 'access numbers' and click on France and they will automatically give you a french internet number and there you go, it was as simple as that.  Denise H

Sorry no image available
Posted by linzsam-781510 - 14 years ago

does anyone know if tisali wanadoo or any other french internet provider do an english version as i dont understand very much french im with aol at the moment also how to contact any of them  l wheeler

Sorry no image available
Posted by JBrooks - 14 years ago

Many thanks for the good wishes, thanks for the advice re teabags!  I feel full of excitement and anxiety all at the same time - this waiting to go is the worst!

Julie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Causette-780879 - 14 years ago

Good luck with the move, Julie.  We are to the east of Caen, in a hamlet to the south of Lisieux, although we also have a little cottage near Honfleur, which we let out.

Import loads of teabags - the Liptons ones which you get here are weak and expensive!

JudyM (14)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JBrooks - 14 years ago

Hello - we are moving over sometime w/c 11th of Oct just waiting for a date from the removal company.  We are moving to a hamlet outside Villedieu les Poeles.  Thank you for your information, never heard of the internet provider you mentioned but will investigate when we get there.  Can't wait.  Whereabouts are you?

Julie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Causette-780879 - 14 years ago

Hi, and welcome to Calvados! Where will you be living?  I hope your move goes well.  We use France Telecom for the house phone (though I use LesMinutes to save costs on international calls), and we are with Tiscali for the Internet, which works out very reasonable.

JudyM (14)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mimie.lala - 14 years ago

Hello,

I'm in calvados and i have french telecom for the house's telephone, there is an other internet access and mobile, wanadoo is expensive for me, if you want, you have an information with cegetel, (internet) mobile (sfr et bouygues); I don't speak english well but if you want, i 'll explain you in french, or I can to give you my telephone number