DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to live in Normandy - 2 ??

Posted by norman-781186 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimjo-781155 - 14 years ago

I am certainly interested. Please e-mail with any information : jimfennell@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Jim

Sorry no image available
Posted by Causette-780879 - 14 years ago

Hello Norman,

Like CJ, I too live and work in Lisieux, and confirm that it's straightforward to get to Paris from here.  My boss goes in at least twice a week, and my colleague's husband commutes daily.

We searched all over Normandy before we finally settled on Calvados as the place to be - we are handy for all the ports, can get to the coastal resorts (Cabourg, Deauville, Trouville, Honfleur) in around 30 mins, yet we have wonderful green rolling hills all around.  Lisieux has just about everything you'd need (shops, market, hospital, schools, good road/rail links, restaurants, theatre, cineams, museums etc), yet is really just a small, friendly market town... 

Can you tell I just love it here?!  Let me know if you're interested in this area, and I'll send you some more info!

JudyM (14)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cj-780870 - 14 years ago

We live near lisieux (calvados) which has a direct train to St lazare which takes 1hour45 minutes.  To drive takes 2 hours.  It depends what you are looking for in an area.  We live in a village that has everything and yet we are in the middle of the countryside.  Although to be honest I could do with a pub.

It is one hour to the port of Caen too so quite handy for everything.

CJ

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-780835 - 14 years ago

Norman: e-mails to you are bouncing. Please go to the My Profile link on the main Forum menu bar while logged in and correct your address.-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com