DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

buying a more modern property

Posted by david fincham-781052 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 14 years ago

David,

You can find a list of registered English speaking agents in The AngloFILE here, you can also find English speaking Notaires here

Regards,

Bob

Sorry no image available
Posted by jane-780853 - 14 years ago

we also dealt with the same office, although with phillipe gosselin who has since moved to a different branch. similarly, we found them to be very effective at matching our budget and requirements to the actual properties that we saw. we didn't buy in this area in the end, but i'd certainly recommend this agent. (we did find a very suitable house but the house next door had an enormous willy painted on it, so we were a bit dubious about the neighbours!!!)also in carentan was a lovely agency at the opposite end of the same street, but i can't remember the name of the agency (which consisted of 3 or 4 quite short words). again, they showed us realistic properties and were most civilised people - a middle aged lady and gentleman and a younger chap (who had some english). there is another agency (near cabinet faudais) that makes you sign a form for every property visit, and i can't remember the reason for this but i don't think it was something in your favour as a potential buyer. they were much less helpful and didn't seem very interested in us.if i remember the names of the agencies, i'll let you know. sorry to be vague. perhaps froggy knows them??jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by froggy-780969 - 14 years ago

Hi David,

we're waiting for the completion on a house between St Lo and Carentan and in April spent a week being shown places in that area by a number of estate agents.

The best service we found was with Cabinet Faudais (www.cabinet-faudais.com) who have a Carentan office - ask for Marie Lecampion who speaks good English. Unlike some others, Marie actually listened to what we were looking for and just showed us appropriate properties. No surprise that we purchased through them. She has also been helpful subsequently with contract details etc

Good luck with your search

regards
Froggy