DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Buying Kitchen Equipment in Normandy - cookers etc

Posted by Denise-780974 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gilo-782205 - 13 years ago

Hi Froggy

Fridge freezer will work fine in France -just change the plug. Actually they are not more than a few euros dearer here and at least the guarantee will be effective and spares will be available easily.

For the cooker you will need a higher rated connection whereever it comes from. Unless you must have a double oven [unknown here] the same as above applies...  

Good luck, Tom

Gilo

Sorry no image available
Posted by Stephanie-781810 - 13 years ago

There are two kitchen building companies I can think of in St Lo^. One is the on the route to Bayeux, the Major Howie roundabout, the other I will look up and post later.St Lô

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin Chambers - 13 years ago

Bonjour!

Conforama is very good for kitchens (amongst many other things!) too.

Kind regards (and well done Chelsea!).

Martin C

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harriet Gough - 13 years ago

I did not take your message in any way but helpful and I was very pleased you replied to me.  Thanks for the further tip, will look them up when next out in Normandy.janiebaz

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lynne&Ham-782094 - 13 years ago

Sorry if the response came across as sarcastic - was only meant to be helpful! There is only a limited range of goods displayed on the web but the site does allow you to search for your nearest branch where you will find brochures etc and several 'oak' kitchens.  Well at least there were when we bought ours a couple of years ago!! We are very happy with it and Ham. put it together himself. Interestingly the instructions in the flat packs estimate how long it will take to put each item together and we found the estimates to be pretty accurate!! We found that at Granville they had everything in stock and we borrowed a van for FREE to take it all home in. Just take your driving licence with you.Lynne and Ham
Hambye (50)

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the reply and web-site details.  The name of the site is so basic but the site did not come up on my search via Google - honest!  However, I did not find what I was looking for which are kitchen units with solid wood doors stained a dark oak color.  Can anyone help with suggestions?janiebaz

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lynne&Ham-782094 - 13 years ago

Try : www.but.fr

Lynne and Ham
Hambye (50)

Sorry no image available

Can anyone give me any more information on "But" kitchen units?  I have tried doing a Google search but cannot locate a web-site.  Is there a local outlet near Bagnoles de L'Orne or Domfront?janiebaz

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin Chambers - 13 years ago

Bonjour!

We were over last week and bought nearly everything we needed. I quite agree about buying in France, especially when we found the shop assistants to be so helpful.

Martin C

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marion-782321 - 13 years ago

Why buy in England,most things are cheaper here and what do you do if it breaks down,and why not support the local economy