DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

english Doctors/Midwifes near Rouen

Posted by Mel-781311 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitz-781358 - 14 years ago

I am assuming that you can only register at the Child Benefit Office if you are actually in the French system..?? I have been given a form by my doctor however it asks for your french social security number, employers name/self employed company details etc etc (you must also get this in by the 14th week at the very latest)

I have had about 80% of my costs reimbursed under the E111 form so far, I applied to my local CPAM office and received direct payment into my bank account within 4 weeks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitz-781358 - 14 years ago

I am assuming that you can only register at the Child Benefit Office if you are actually in the French system..?? I have been given a form by my doctor however it asks for your french social security number, employers name/self employed company details etc etc (you must also get this in by the 14th week at the very latest)

I have had about 80% of my costs reimbursed under the E111 form so far, I applied to my local CPAM office and received direct payment into my bank account witin 4 weeks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jane1976 - 14 years ago

Hi Mel

I had a baby here in France, near Mayenne last Christmas and found it very expensive.  As I wasn't in the system as such then I had to pay all the bills upfront, which I am hoping to get reimbursed soon.  My hospital stay was 450 euros a day, so all in all with blood tests and visits to the doctor I prob paid about 600 euros in total.  However I found everyone very nice and helpful who I saw, even though during the birth I didn't understand a word of what they said except 'poussez!'  I have since found out that if you are only about 3 months pregnant you can go and register at the child benefit office and you receive money equivalent to about 800 euros once you reach about 8 months into the pregnancy, and then more after the baby is born.  So it is worth finding out about.  Unfortunattely I was 6 months pregnant when we moved to France, and didn't find this out until after the birth!!  Whereabouts are you living?  If you are nearby I can let you know where to go and register for this as it will prob be the same place I had to go.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cj-780870 - 14 years ago

Hi Mel

I cannot help with an English doctor either apart from in Paris if you would like to travel there then I can give you details.

With regards to being pregnant you should try www. babycentre.com they have a parents in France forum.  In France you need to have monthly checks when pregnant these can be done by a midwife, doctor or gynae.  You may choose any hospital to give birth in and they generally dont do ante natal classes until the end.

The bills are not too costly, my gynae bills are between 30-50 Euros per month and then the blood tests vary depending on what month you are in.

You do not get assigned a midwife, whoever is there when you turn up is assigned to you.  My gynae wont even be at the birth.

Hope this helps.

Candice

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-780835 - 14 years ago

Please remember that if you can help with the name of a doctor, to do so via e-mail. In accordance with French regulations, names and contact details of medical personnel must not be posted publicly to the Forum.-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by vonny-780909 - 14 years ago

Hi Mel,

Have you had a look at this?

http://normandy.angloinfo.com/information/3/birth.asp

Sorry no image available
Posted by TAS-781268 - 14 years ago

I do not know of any english doctors/midwives, however I have gone under the french system and have found the whole experience fine so far.

As far as cost, I have spent 130 euros on blood tests/doctors/prescriptions.