DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Furniture and housewares

Posted by Kathy-780871 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Asp - 6 years ago

Yes they should all DVD's, US, European etc. 

Asp

Sorry no image available
Posted by shreksmodel - 6 years ago

See, I said someone on the forum would know!

Question: Does region free (region 0) mean they will play any dvd from any source in the world?

Sorry no image available
Posted by fatface-800754 - 6 years ago

IKEA on the outskirts of Caen

Sorry no image available
Posted by Asp - 6 years ago

Region free (region0) DVD players are readily available in the UK, you would probably be better off bringing one over with you. Amazon have loads on offer from £49-99.

Regards

Asp

Sorry no image available
Posted by shreksmodel - 6 years ago

As far as I can recall US dvds are made with a different region classification, as you seem to be aware, and I don't believe they make a player (at reasonable cost - or at all) that will play all regions. However, if I'm wrong someone on the forum is bound to supply the info.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cass1234-817698 - 6 years ago

hi  a store called espace  u   inside super u  in dives   is good sells tv's  dvd  , anything electrical  cookers  fridges ect  we bought there they are very helpfull even with our limited french     good luck 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 14 years ago

Kathy,

You could try the Gitem at Dives sur Mer for electrical goods, they are on the avenue Résistants, in the industrial estate Grands Prés - tel 02 31 28 02 79.

I think these will be the nearest and I have bought goods from Gitem and been pleased. They are independant shops, so the person serving you is often one of the owners so gives good advice - I cant guarantee that they will speak much English though - please let me know? 

Multisystem TVs and DVD/VCRs should be possible, but you may have to buy bigger brands to get the features. French VCRs play British tapes, but i dont honestly know about American, DVDs will have to be multi zone, often it is simply a matter of knowing a code to input - i suggest that individual machines may be better than a combo.

Prices of TV will depend on size and type, my dvd was 69 euros from Geant and the video was 79 euros, also from Geant.

For Choice of outlets, and possibly lower prices, you will have to take the trip down to Caen.

Hope this is helpful,

Regards,

Bob