Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Pensions and Tax etc.

Posted by arthur-781109 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by gerbil-780940 - 14 years ago

I don't understand what you are asking as you don't really give any detail; it would be interesting to know what conflicting advice you have had and what is troubling you.I assume you are retired? You will continue to receive your UK state pension (you need to tell the UK authorities) and your private pension. As you will be resident in France you will be subject to french tax/social security payments. The pensions will need to be declared on your french tax form. You will get a french tax credit for any tax automatically deducted in the UK. Eventually you will be able to get your private pension paid free of UK tax.