DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pointing walls

Posted by Annie-780884 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annie-780884 - 14 years ago

Thanks peeps, the pointing gun sounds like a good solution, hubby is in the UK next so I guess that will be a bit extra 'luggage' to bring back.

Procalite F - was that UK or French bought?

Annie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Terry Robinson-781457 - 14 years ago

We have just re-pointed our typical Normandy gite and we used Procalite F which we found to be the most cost effective and easy for the amateur solution.

My wife actually did all the work up to three steps on the ladder and I carried on above these dizzy heights. Isn't sharing great.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mick strange - 14 years ago

did you add plasticiser to water? , and mix on sloppy side.should be ok then. .mick

Sorry no image available
Posted by CCenFrance - 14 years ago

I did buy one from Screwfix and had a go a little while ago.  It might just be me and the way i made up the mix, but it was difficult to get the consistency correct to keep the mix flowing.  It was going solid/drying out in the gun.  Anyone any tips to prevent this?Chris

Sorry no image available

screwfix sell pointing guns in uk @ £26.99..well worth investing in !!!.mick

Sorry no image available

screwfix sell pointing guns in uk @ £26.99..well worth investing in !!!.mick

Sorry no image available
Posted by jane-780853 - 14 years ago

there has also been discussion about this on www.vienormande.com where you can find a link to a place where they sell a pointing gun (like a big mastic gun)jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by ukgrapevine - 14 years ago

I'm not normally "picky" but after I stopped giggling, I thought I would point out to save embarrassment that CHOUX is a type of pastry.....its avec CHAUX or chalk that you want......sorry :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-781209 - 14 years ago

Yes, are currently in the process of pointing our Longere, or to be more accurate my wife is! I have scrapped out all the old pointing and mud, ivy roots etc and she is following along filling in. You need to go to any buiders merchants, Brico Marche etc and get a sack of Choux it comes in various colours so make a note of the one you get and always get the same make and colour so that it is consistant all the way across.

You mix it in a small bucket 4 parts sand 1 part choux, its best to use a small container to measure, so that you have a consistant mixture every time.

If you would like to have a lesson and see how its done let me know, we live near St James in dept.50 

Lofty