DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Septic tanks

Posted by Les GOULT - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tresor - 3 years ago

For anybody considering getting a quote/instalation of a new fosse, I can tell you who not to use !

PM for details.

Sorry no image available
Posted by naberiswith-787158 - 3 years ago

Wahoooo. new fosse in and gurgleing.  an ecoflo coco filter, the wait was worth it, 

n

Sorry no image available
Posted by naberiswith-787158 - 3 years ago

Yes its a real performance, ours was condemed about five years ago, As it was too small. We were given four years to fit a new one. So two years ago i started the process, marie. , spanc etc got quote accepted quote, paid deposit. Still no system,   because as we dont live in the house the firm keep putting it off.  I said to the chap. Put it in then you will be paid in full, move on to the next one,   Well we have bee promised last week of nov, or first week of dec,     Ill keep you posted. 

All best n. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by lilylake - 3 years ago

Hi, We've just completed ours, did it ourselves after months of worrying, although it's lots of work the whole project was easy. Firstly and it's very important, you need to visit The Marie and arrange a visit from the Local SPANC Inspector. Our guy was really helpful likewise the Mayor.  Before you even start you'll need a soil report and detailed plan of what's required, this will be dertermined by the Inspector and the person undertaking the plan. It's no problem as the Inspector will help you in all respects and the Marie's Office will give you a list of Artisans who will compile a plan for the works. At this stage the cost would be around 250 euro's. You'll need to have a ditch or drain for the excess water to run into additionally the new rules will mean some works within the house.  Like you, I felt the whole issue would be difficult and too much for me, how wrong one can be. If your not too far from us I'd be pleased to help you. One thing we didn't allow for was the mass of earth left from the excavations. I have a few photo's if of help. Even if you decide to employ a contractor he'll need a plan for the works, if they supply it there's usually a 20 percent handling charge put on top plus TVA. The Quotes from French Contractors are always much lower than English and their work is excellent. If you need to talk with me I'll send our telephone number. Trust my reply helps a little as I know how such things can play on one's mind. Cheers Mike.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jonnie - 3 years ago

My reply was in response to one that seems to have been deleted - I didn't go searching back through decades of septic tank posts to make that comment .

But thank you for your concern.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cjbpayne - 3 years ago

Despite this being an old post, it's good to see that most were prepared to help with useful suggestions rather than just posting 'we don't have one and never will'.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Perhaps there was a bouchon in the system!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MDM - 3 years ago

The OP was 11 years ago!

Sorry no image available
Posted by juno gingell - 3 years ago

A friend has just had one put in and it cost her  6000 e - but then they did have to take down a coupie of trees.

Try your Marie - they might have someone local they can recomend then if anything does go wrong you can always go back to them !!! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by jonnie - 3 years ago

We don't have one and never will - sounds like we're saving a packet...