DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Athletics /Running

Posted by Terry Earl - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda H-786303 - 10 years ago

Hi Lilly, good luck with the North run.I have done it twice was a great atmosphere realy enjoyed it, my times were 2hr 15 and 2hr 20.The first time was very hard the weather was foul, the last stretch along the beach was very hard only the crowds kept me going.I run most days but only 4 klm my doctor told me this is better for your joints as you get older!!I still fancy a half marathon here though.Enjoy regardsLinda H

Sorry no image available
Posted by lilly-785493 - 10 years ago

Hi,
I have a place in the Great North Run this year -I think the training is going OK I am running 8K or 10K three times a week - slowly but I get there. I am entered as an OAP(65 -how did that happen) so if I can manage the run in just over the three hours I will be chuffed to bits.
There is no gym etc near me so I run on the countryroads around me with my MP3 for company.
Was it a very hilly course and what was your time?
Dont' you fancy running again this year?
Regards
Liz

Sorry no image available
Posted by Terry Earl - 14 years ago

Hello Kevin,   at the moment I have still not decided where to settle. But the more I see of Normandy the more I like it. We have had a couple of holidays now along the coastal area, but not as far west as you are.

I run about the same as yourself, perhaps only doing 10k once a week. I got fit for the Great North Run and am trying to keep it up. i have only done the one 1/2 marathon so far. I gather there is a Le Harve Marathon, or is it 1/2 marathon?  I dont see myself ever doing a full marathon, but if its a demi- then perhaps. I am waiting for my middle child to finish her GCSE's in june 2005 before I move. The kids will stay in Devon with their dad, so I dont want to be too far away. So Brittany or Normandy would make sense.

it will be interesting to see if the decline in sailings from uk by P&O next year makes any difference to the property market.

If you think of that magazine's name please let me know.  regards terry.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kevin Raymond - 14 years ago

Hello Terry, I live in Normandy (Near Coutances) and go running on road, 2 or 3 times a week, upto 10K each time. I am fairly new to the sport but am hoping to do my first half marathon early next year. There are a couple of races around here, most notably the beach race in August which I'd like to do next year and a "Cross de Coutances" next weekend. There is a magazine (I forget the name) which publishes all the events all over France. Where are you moving to?CaroleKevin (Coutances)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marcel-781135 - 14 years ago

Hi Terry,

not me, I can`t run more than about 10 metres, but have a look at these links.....

http://www.marathondenormandie.com/

http://www.courseapied.net/courir-france/basse-normandie.php

Marcel