DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Youth Football

Posted by Jeni-780887 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin Chambers - 14 years ago

For "wrog" in my previous message please read "wrong"!Martin (the two fingered typist!).Martin C

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin Chambers - 14 years ago

I thought I'd posted this message the other day. however, it hasn't appeared yet. So maybe I pressed the wrog key?!We bought a "maison secondaire" in Pirou last month. permanently moving to France isn't an option. At least at present.My 6 year old son plays "in goals" for a local (to us in the UK) under 7's team whilst my 9 year old daughter has recently started training with an under 10's team.Does anyone know of similar teams in the Pirou area? (Coutances is the nearest large town).Also has anyone been to see Caen play? (I think they're in the French equivalent of the English Premier League). If so, how do/did you get tickets?Kind regardsMartin C

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeni.-781683 - 14 years ago

Hi Bob

just to let you know that we have been in France for two weeks and the boys have now joined the footie club and have been to their first training sessions. We all have been made to feel most welcome by all of the committee and players alike so thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!:o)

Kind regards

Jeni.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 14 years ago

Sorry,

I thought i had replied, yes, they do stop for summer and re-start in September

Regards,

Bob

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeni-780887 - 14 years ago

Hi Bob

did you manage to find out about the summer break?

Regards

Jeni

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeni-780887 - 15 years ago

Result!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bob that is all excellent news!!!! One question I forgot to ask, do they have a summer break as the footie season is coming to an end? If you could find this out for me I would be very grateful! :o)

Thanks again

Jeni

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 15 years ago

Ok,

A very helpful chap just called me about the football at Domfront called Jerome Tessier who is employed at the stadium and can be contacted Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10.00 and 12.00am, though his English is limited by telephone.

There are around 150 youths playing in the teams they run, from six years old +, including some English ones.

He said that he would be delighted to see you during a practice session, which are held:

Wednesday afternoons for the ten year old

Tuesday and Thursdays for the fourteen year old starting at 17.30

Tuesday and Fridays for the sixteen year old starting at 17.30

He also said to bring their kit, as depending on the numbers in attendance, he may ask them to participate to see their level of proficiency.

ITS A GOAL!

Regards,

Bob

Sorry no image available

Thanks Bob, on holiday eh? Lucky things!!!! We are suffering with torrential rain and gales!

Speak to you soon

Jeni

Sorry no image available
Posted by bob-780838 - 15 years ago

Three messages, and still no response, they must be on holidays!

I will try the Mairie tomorrow and let you know . . . .

Regards,

Bob

Sorry no image available

Hi Bob

Any news yet?

Jeni