DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

School opinions please

Posted by donnajohn - Created: 2 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lenam7865 - 7 months ago

This post is being reviewed by our team

Sorry no image available
Posted by Katie Molina - 1 year ago

I think homeschooling itself is great, but i don't agree with some parents who don't interact there children to anything while the time they are home schooled. as the child grows up, it wont know how to manage things properly. so its something really to look into before pulling a child out of school. Adornmonde Jewelry Coupon my mum home schooled me when i was about 13 for a few months and she researched everything before hand and i wasn't home schooled for a long period of time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by carlm21 - 1 year ago

Well for that you can reach out the general directory. It will help you directly.

And you can grab the school supplies you need for your wards or who ever

you want to.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ams86160 - 2 years ago

Maison famille rurales are basically for when children for whatever reason do not do well in a traditional academic environment and are unlikely to accept someone who isn't in need of this type of training ' as oppossed to education) as places are limited.

There are semi private schools ( mostly catholic) and fully private schools .

Semi private are contracted in to the education system and have to follow the general curriculum and meet specific criteria but are semi funded, with smaller classes and are relatively inexpensive and often offer  special classes to integrate foreign students in. However unless they are on your standard bus route, you would need to make you own transport arrangements rather than use the school buses / subsidized bus route. They also have fewer facilities and a smaller option of subjects.

Despite being Catholic - the religious education is optional and is a separate catechism class which is often not attended by even the majority of the French students. They are worth investigating and are often popular with foreign communities. 

Most fully private schools in rural France are contracted out and fully catholic with a strong religious education. There are exceptions in the cities But from your suggested location this seems not to appl to you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gristhm - 2 years ago

I recently came across Maisons Familiales Rurales - they are small scale boarding schools, private because they are not state, run by Associatons of parents and professionals. They provide vocational training ( not just in rural subjects) and standard school subjects with good exam results, in a setting of learning to live together and sharing domestic tasks.

See www.mfr.asso.fr and wikipaedia (in English)

I don't have any personal experience of them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by donnajohn - 2 years ago

Thanks Marie, that’s very helpful indeed. I’ve looked at the fees for a local private school and they are only 300 so that’s nothing if the education is good. Thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marie79 - 2 years ago

Hi 

Private schools are catholic but don't let this put you off for any reason as they don't play on this. They have to please all publics as they are private they have no gouvernment funding so only survive of the fee's that are somthing and nothing . We are not catholics/or religious in any shape or form and after the state schools failed for us in every shape and form all our 3 children went tp private schools up to collage .

Sorry no image available

Hi, no one suggested that it was. When I’ve looked at various private school, they seem all to be catholic schools. Any advice on public schools in the Le Busseau area? Thanks. 

Sorry no image available

Hi, no one suggested that it was. When I’ve looked at various private school, they seem all to be catholic schools. Any advice on public schools in the Le Busseau area? Thanks. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 2 years ago

Who suggested that it was?