Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Registering a UK car in France using the new web site

Posted by rhobbie16 - 5 months ago
0 0

Registering a UK
registered car in France
using the new web site.

Does anybody know how to apply to re-register a UK car in France.

I cannot do this as I am not a French Income Tax payer and I
do not fill in yearly tax return. I have a Tax Ref for my Taxe Fonciere and
Habitation, that`s all.

My local Taxe office cannot help me.

I have sent secure messages to the ants.gouv.fr/ web site
and they either ignore or just refer me back to FranceConnect. My local Tax
office confirmed I cannot do this myself.

I have all the paperwork and the Fishe Quital.

To log into the new web site is easy enough but I cannot go
any further as I need to connect using FranceConnect.

Is there another way or can somebody do this for me as a
third party?

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ferney-France - 5 months ago

You need to create an account with La poste as your only solution, get someone to do it on your behalf  or pay a third party such as feu vert

See here what you need to do, https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/france/languedoc/transport/vehicle-ownership/buying-a-used-car

Once logged in you need to select Je veux faire une autre demarche as it's a foreign plated car, see here how to do that


Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 5 months ago

You can get someone who is able to log onto the site to do it for you or you can pay to use a third party like a garage or spares outlet.