DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Is anybody house hunting?

Posted by Nic -Clarke-908350 - 3 months ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ibhunny-498603 - 1 month ago

Hi all!  To the person that has a house to rent in Couiza, If the property hasn't got a garden or any outside space it might be difficult to let or sell.  People want gardens, wood burners and showers, I have been looking for a place with those facilities because gaz/electric prices are high and some outside space would be nice.  I have sold two properties in France both here and the Dordogne, believe me you will get timewasters especially people in the summer months and other school holiday's. that's if you are selling to other folk in the EU.  If you are selling to the French they will want it at the bottom level as you know wages are low here and Aude is the second poorest canton in France.  Try some of the estate agents but they will over price it you might even get a couple of visits.  My suggestion is to go to a Notaire's office and some of them have a selling section and some only charge about 3-5% lot cheaper than agents.  Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nic -Clarke-908350 - 1 month ago

Hi ValDa, 

My apologies, I didn't realise you had replied. For some reason, I no longer receive notifications when somebody replies to my threads. And my memory isn't what it was! 

If your friend is still house hunting, perhaps your friends would like to drop me an email with their requirements to see if either of our properties in Couiza or RLB will be of any interest to them.... I can be reached at n_gentles@hotmail.com 

Nic. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by nuphilx - 2 months ago

Logic immo is a good site for property

Sorry no image available
Posted by ValDa (Aude) - 2 months ago

We found our house through Green Acres - and I know other friends who have done too.  It attracts more English and Dutch buyers than French, so it depends who you think your 'target audience' is.  What sort of house(s) are you selling?  I have a friend who is house-hunting at the moment and might be interested in a property in Rennes Les Bains or Couiza!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by phoenix1-537317 - 3 months ago

Hi Nic-Clarke

I have no experience of Green Acres or France Property shop nor have I heard  any reports, good nor bad. I did let a property some years ago via Angloinfo and had a successful experience. I am currently selling a property and found my buyer via word of mouth, otherwise I think I would have used Le Boncoin or simply placed a for sale sign on the property with my phone number on it, as quite a number of people in my region do. My friend uses a site named seloger.com to view french properties. I gather that seloger unlike le Boncoin is agent based but perhaps they get a lot of hits, so I suppose it is one to consider.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Phoenix, I'll consider BonCoin. I did use it frequently when we lived there.

Southern Guy, we have somebody who can show the house for us at any time which is great. 

Do you guys rate Green Acres, France Property Shop, and even the AngloInfo as sites to pay on as the top sites? 

Thanks in advance. 

Sorry no image available

Hi Southern Guy

I have found the time wasters to be more active in relation to smaller transactions, especially cars. Regarding who shows the house if you contact the owner, I have found in general that the owner shows the house and yes you are correct, it is better to speak french or have somebody on board who will help with french

Sorry no image available
Posted by Southern Guy - 3 months ago

Expect many, many time wasters.. You will also need to speak french on emails, telephone, etc..

Who would be available to show the houses to buyers??

Sorry no image available

Hi

Leboncoin is one possibility

Many people sell privately on the site so no agents fess, although agents also advertise frequently there. I came across an interesting situation where both agent and owner advertised the same property on practically the same page of Leboncoin, one major difference i.e. the price. The agent priced the property at 10K more than the owner so the buyer in question saved 10K by going directly to the owner. See the web address below

https://www.leboncoin.fr/

Sorry no image available

I was asking because we have a house in Couiza that I want to advertise for rent  or for sale and my father's house needs to be sold in Rennes Les Bains so I wanted to ask where people house hunting do the majority of their searching. Is it online, through private sale, or through agents? Through sites such as this or through magazine based sites.  I'm trying to find the best places to advertise without paying to advertise on many where the traffic may not be so great.