DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for anglophone friends!

Posted by Hannah-Smith-923856 - Created: 1 year ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Christopher_ - 1 year ago

Hi Hannah. I live near a small town called Fougerolles du Plessis and I thought it might be helpful for you to know that there are large numbers of British people living in the rural areas around Laval. All over really but around Gorron in particular. I think the issue is that Brits are much less likely to be living in the cities. As far as I can tell most of us move here to get away from the busy cities and enjoy more rural life. There are quite a few British bars and shops in the rural areas.

Have a look at a website called Meetup... www.meetup.com and look for Anglophone groups in your town. I've used it before and I can vouch for it. It's very good for this purpose. It also has a smartphone app. I had a quick look for groups within 50 miles of Laval (a bit far I know) but there were certainly at least two or three. If all else fails you could even start your own anglophone group on the Meetup site. I'm sure you would find some like minded people if you took the initiative.

Good luck !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Vera-Barclay-921938 - 1 year ago

Naughty chair for you Syd.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CRAZY DIAMOND-631410 - 1 year ago

Not one reply in five days. What an indictment of this dreary forum. Might be an idea to try elsewhere Hannah

Syd.