Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


50cc Moto - insurance and transfer requirements?

Posted by melinda-821384 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

Yes, it's a legal obligation to insure a 50cc bike if it's to be used on any voies publiques.

Also as of January 2011 they have to be registered with a registration plate.

You need to fill in the detachable section of the carte grise (cerficat d'immatriculation), cross it through with 'vendu' and the time and date and sign it, and also complete a cession de véhicule transferring ownership to your friend.

Your friend then has to apply for the new certificat d'immatriculation.