DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bike on UK plates...

Posted by nataliesharp2001 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by RJH-187583 - 14 years ago

Hi Nathalie,

I registered a GB (non-EU, Jersey then Monaco) VFR.

It has speedo in mph, no governing device, and the original lights.

I went to D.R.I.R.E. (French Ministry of Transport) at Carros industrial estate and the inspection took 5 minutes.  My Honda dealer was helpful in making my appointment for this and requesting the attestation from Honda France, which I took with me.

Don't be put off, it's quite fun really and you can't have it any harder than me (UK is EU).  Go to a decent dealer for your manufacturer.  They will advise you and the attestation that the series are compatible is probably not necessary (FYI, it cost 100 Eu as did the DRIRE routine).

You mention CT, two-wheelers don't have CTs or anything similar - therefore, any adaptations that they insist on...you can undo.

Best,

Jamie

Sorry no image available
Posted by nataliesharp2001 - 14 years ago

Ok, thanks.

Is this a friend of yours?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tonty - 14 years ago

Try calling Eli Pleiner, her number is 0610734929, she is importing a car for me.

Regards

Tonty

Jonathan

Sorry no image available
Posted by nataliesharp2001 - 14 years ago

Is it really that bad?

Can't I use sticky reflective labels (designed for this job) to reflect the headlights?

How do i find out about the noise emission levels, and how is that changed?

thanks natalie

natalie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tonty - 14 years ago

In answer to your question?

Not really.

It depends on the horsepower, is it over 100hp?

Yes

Headlight has to point the other way on dipped beam, noise emmission levels are different in France! I gave up trying to register my ZX9 because I had to restrict the power, change the exhaust and pay about € 450 for the administration, because I am not weilling to do it myself.

Jonathan