DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

breathalyser kit

Posted by Geordieniel - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

Reminds me of a classic that a salesperson in a shop in UK said to me once :

"A lot of people come in asking for them but there is no demand."

Apparently you can buy them on line.

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Murch - 6 years ago

I spent a couple of hours this morning going to various outlets, NorAuto, Carrefour etc., all had the same story, 'Sold Out', they all seemed surprised that there had been such demand!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Methuselah-217505 - 6 years ago

So, do you have to use one every time you get into your car to prove you haven't been drinking? Or only if you think you may be over the limit?

A more sensible approach would be to say that the limit for drink/driving is zero. No bottle before throttle. So easy. too easy for politicians.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Earthling-217786 - 6 years ago

Is this latest 'law' applied to vehicles circulating in all european countries ?

Sorry no image available

Thank you Green Leaf, just the info I wanted, NorAuto have them on their website for 1 Euro each.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mian - 6 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

Nice Matin today front page - http://www.nicematin.com/cote-dazur/les-ethylotests-obligatoires-a-partir-du-1er-juillet.898325.html

Everything you need to know on the subject...

Sorry no image available
Posted by GreenLeaf-314739 - 6 years ago

@CB - TV is good for something. Just like your "yellow vest", if your car breaks down and you have 2 passengers, it is illegal to stand outside of the car on the motorway without one on, so better carry a few...

@John, I saw them in the Tabac in Valbonne @ €3,50 a pop..... Try NorAuto or any other auto shop

Sorry no image available

I have yet to see any breathalyser kits in my local supermarket in Beaulieu, my filling station said 'you don't need one yet so we are not stocking them yet', and my local pharmacy doesn't sell them.I'm sure that they must be about and that I've just missed them - any suggestions as to where to get some?

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChB-184121 - 6 years ago

It was mentioned on Top Gear the other night, they pointed out that if you have a kit in your car and use it to test yourself before driving, you then don't have one anymore so you cannot drive your car. So you need to have at least 2 kits with you!