Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Buying a vehicle-paperwork and transfer cost?Help

Posted by nemanja-226961 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0

Hi,I am new in France and would like to by a car. Can somebody explain me what kind of paperwork do I need for registration, insurance and... How much would it cost approximately and upon what it depends (cubic capacity, or tip of vehicle, or year of manufacture...)I have French nationality so I guess that I can drive a car only if it has a French plates. And there is possibility that I buy a car with UK plates, what then?If someone could help me with this, I really have trouble to find it out.Thank you very much,Nemo

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt-214958 - 10 years ago

like in any other country, the insurance & carte grise depends on the age & horse power etc, the paperwork all goes to the Mairie & they send it off to prefecture

there is no reason you cannot buy an English car if you wish, altho there is no advantage as they have RHD, you will have paperwork & MOT problems later, plus insurance is more complicated

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 10 years ago

Calculation ofcost :Carte grise