DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Hire Firm

Posted by lynnettejane - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi, can anyone tell me the name of a car hire firm situated in Nice, its livery is red and white, it is quite a large firm hiring various sized vans as well as cars, but I can't for the life of me rember its name, any ideas out there please? Lynnette

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Hello all and thankyou for all of your valuable help, managed to get a c class car through auto-europe for £153 for 7 days with Europcar, the same car direct through Europcar would have been over £200. So very happy with that, every thing included and that is for 2 drivers! So will try auto-europe first next time, regards Lynnette.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TX - 14 years ago

For great car rental prices book via UK as they are all inclusive ie full insurance etc, no hidden extras

www.auto-europe.co.uk Micra £126 for 7 days

skycarscan be good sometimes

B

Sorry no image available
Posted by Robiva - 14 years ago

I've tried ADA, Europecar and Avis in the past, all a bit pricey.

Found Budget located at Nice port to be very competetive and happy faces too ! Contact Olivier 0493 56 45 50

Sorry no image available
Posted by nice_and_sunny2 - 14 years ago

Hi, Try LDV,

I have used them in the past they are great and very competitive.

http://www.locationdevehicules.fr/

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

I can also get €177 for the same period (Peugeot 106 with insurance) from Europcar.

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

How about:

€175 for 1st to 8th Nov from www.easycar.com

or

€112 for 1st to 8th Nov from www.sixti.de

It just depends what insurance coverage you have/need and what kind of car you want.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

Thanks for that Nice and Sunny, but ADA doesn't ring a bell at all, tried their website though, they are more expensive than Avis. It would seem that booking with the larger car rental co.'s are more expensive if booked in France rather than the uk, so if any one else can think of a reasonable local firm I would appreciate its name, the prices are averaging out at around  £250 for 7 days at the beginning of November, however Avis booked in for the same time England is £161. So unless anyone can beat that locally I guess I'll go for that. By the way, when I said red and white livery, in fact its more of deep fuschia pink and white, ring any bells? Thanks again, regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by nice_and_sunny2 - 14 years ago

ADA