Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Car Insurance for a UK car

Posted by Kate Higgins - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kate Higgins - 6 years ago

Many thanks for all of your responses, most useful!


Sorry no image available
Posted by cj82 - 6 years ago

Both Generali and Axa will insure you on UK plates. Generali will only insure you for a year though.
You can contact Marion at contact@insurance.fr
Axa will insure you for longer than a year on UK plates. We also found them to be negotiable and we got a good discount. We used Suzanne and you can contact her on insurance@agencelimonier.com
Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cizealin - 6 years ago

By EU law your UK insurance should cover you after the 90days for minimum cover (but confirm with your insurer). I had nightmares with French insurance compnaies re insuring a UK car. There is a broker called Stuart Collins Insurance (google) who specialise in annual green cards at reasonable prices.

Sorry no image available
Posted by john794406-226781 - 6 years ago

Try AXA agence Limonier in Nice. To get full no claims you need about 13 years of history.Watch their prices, they can be negotiable.Good luckJohn