Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Car insurance for Engish car

Posted by Kathleen Vera - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kathleen Vera - 4 years ago

Thank you...will change the plates and do it legally. Thaalso for everyone's help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by charliegoblet - 4 years ago

It can be done but not wise if you plan to be here long term as pointed out, also its more expensive. Speak to Christina Wingfield at Limonier Axa insurance in Nice 0497117117. She does a lot of insurance for expats

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 4 years ago

Er, but you have to change the plates if you live permanently in France (and want to be legal). Which is why fewer and fewer French brokers will do it.

That said, there is a UK firm that insures expats, can't remember the name but you will find it if you google. You will be insured but you will still be breaking EU and French law.

Changing the plates isn't hard and you won't have to keep on getting UK road tax discs.