DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car stolen from Nice Airport???

Posted by gordonscott - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarquin-188748 - 14 years ago

I'd heard that a lot of these cars end up for sale on other continents. The fact that the car was found in Marseille now makes sense. I guess you should only buy a good car if you know you can replace it without fuss. I wonder if the staff at the secured garage know more than they're letting on. And I wonder how much vetting goes on in that regard too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarquin-188748 - 14 years ago

I'd heard that a lot of these cars end up for sale on other continents. The fact that the car was found in Marseille now makes sense. I guess you should only buy a good car if you know you can replace it without fuss. I wonder if the staff at the secured garage know more than they're letting on. And I wonder how much vetting goes on in that regard too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nice&Easy - 14 years ago

Sorry to hear you lost your car at the airport not that I have any info for you but a friend of mine had his 7 Seater   stolen from outside his house .He finally got paid out and only 2 weeks after buying a replacement the police called to say that they had recovered the car in Marseilles ready for export and would he mind going to the Police station to confirm the car was his as it was on false number plates.

He did and noticed no damage to the door locks /ignition and asked to see the keys.

He had taken his set along and they worked on the cars doors and started the car would you believe!!

The car in question had been to a main dealer for a service so one ask’s the question did some one run of a spare set of keys as this was the only way the car could have been stolen..

Makes you think!!