Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Carte Gris

Posted by dana_quinn - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dana_quinn - 7 years ago

Unfortunately my SFR contract is linked to my bank account and shows my US address. Also, my French is really not good enough for a phone call like this to the prefecture. But I may have to try that route.



Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 7 years ago

You don't have to produce proof of address to BUY the car, but you do when you come to register it in your name - so don't go and buy one and then find you can't register it!

Your friend can indeed make a declaration sur l'honneur to confirm that you are living with him, details here http://www.aide-courrier.com/Attestation-d-hebergement but whether or not the prefecture would accept this I don't know - maybe you should ask first so why not ring up if it's a long journey and you don't want to go twice?

If you have a mobile phone with e.g. Leclerc (as was) and they email you monthly statements, that seems to be acceptable as one proof of ID, but if I remember correctly you need 2 proofs.