DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

controle technique. English speaking

Posted by Hudson1922-201544 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baabat - 4 years ago

Try "Car Security" route de Laghet La Trinite - it's on the road going back towards La T urbie not far from Auchan.

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by independent-914738 - 4 years ago

dekra does discount from 78 € to 60 € , considering normal rate is 59 € that is not really a discount, is it? i am having good experience with 1900 route de grasse in antibes AUTOSECURITE, this boy there was speakin some english considering he is still there as hey rotate there yearly

Sorry no image available
Posted by Polly Flinders - 4 years ago

I live in Beaulieu  too and I have just taken my car to Dekra in Menton for its Controle Technique. 

You can book an appointment via the Dekra site so you don't have to speak to them. You can even pay on line which gives you a discount of about 18 €. The link is www.controle-technique-auto-menton.com . The address is 4 rue du Louvre. They will confirm your appointment by email and send you a reminder the day before and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the pleasant and friendly staff there.   You can find how to get there, dead simple, by checking on Mappy. 

Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeighA - 4 years ago

There is a good spot in Nice on boul Gambetta called Auto Bilan near the Mercedes dealership. There isn't much speaking involved in a technical control so not sure if they speak English.They're very quick, no appointment necessary.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 4 years ago

The Controle technique is a French standard.  You will have to ask the guys in the reception.  How many guys in the UK would speak French at an MOT centre?

It may be easier to take a French speaking person with you.  In any case you will get a document listing anything that will need doing, just in case your vehicle fails, and you do not have to pay again so long as you get it sorted within 4 weeks of the test.