Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Cr Insurance Advice re. UK reg. car (sorned)

Posted by Piers1-253184 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cizealin - 6 years ago

I would insure it in the UK (will cover you in France third party, or green card for fully comp) then have an MOT booked at the nearest possible MOT centre to your ferry arrival dock. This makes your drive OK for a mile or so in the UK no prob if you get stopped either at the port or en route (very possible). You could then tax it also immediately after if it passes!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Patrick71-182729 - 6 years ago

You can get permanent assurance from Cabinet limonier in Nice for a brit reg.

Cost you to cancel after one month.
You can only drive without an MOT i UK a 'reasonable distance' to a booked MOT with proof.
Dunno if the new automatic via the MIB will let you tax it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjava - 6 years ago


Not sure if this is possible but you could try Eric Blair Insurance in Monaco. They are all English speaking and would be able to advise you www.ericblairnet.com Tel : 00377 93 50 99 66.