Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Documents required to the Prefecture after selling my car.

Posted by richard.stripling-267468 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by admoriarty - 4 years ago

I believe you can do do some if not all of this process at your local Feu Vert now, at least thats where I'm going next week to complete the purchase of a second hand car (the seller is coming along to help translate but technically they aren't needed).

Sorry no image available
Posted by les lucioles - 4 years ago

If you take the Certificate de Cession directly to the sous-prefecture in Grasse, you can show it to the lady at the info desk (no need to stand in line or take a number) and she will give you a statement that the certificate has been received on that date. It's important to keep this (and a copy of the certificate) in case of any problems later on. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by richard.stripling-267468 - 4 years ago

Very helpful, thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by robbie1400 - 4 years ago

You are required to send just the Déclaration de Cession and the Certificate de Vente to the Prefecture. Nothing else is required.

You should keep a copy of the document in case you are required to prove that you sold the car - eg if you receive a speeding ticket or parking ticket issued after the sale.