Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Driving a car with foreign plates/insurance?

Posted by Jeka - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Six months.**************

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jeka - 14 years ago

Hi Mike,

I will not pay for the car transportation, that's where the idea of moving the car came from. I have browsed a lot through the web pages posted on this web site and couldn't estimate the costs or changes required. I was not able to go through the french official web sites 'cause of the language barrier.

I'm trying to figure out now for how long can I drive the car with Canadian plates.


Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

See AngloINFO's INFOrmation Page on Registering a Foreign Vehicle in France, the other INFOrmation Pages in the Cars, Bikes & Driving category of The AngloFILE and read past discussions here in The AngloINFO Forum.

On the whole, however, with a non-EU car you're in for a long haul, I'd say. Why not sell the car in Canada and buy another Focus when you get here? It'll save the shipping cost, for a start...