DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

driving licence

Posted by Goose-193992 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Goose-193992 - 5 years ago

Many thanks, I managed to speak to someone in Swansea and they told me he's okay to drive on a french licence although they didn't actually explain this was a code.  Thank you again for letting us know;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

Saga, I don't see your point.  Am I missing something?

However, if your foreign licence has limited validity (UK licences expire when you reach 70), you may be unable to renew it in the country of issue but must apply for a French licence."

The OP doesn't have UK licences, they have French ones so, like I said, there are no restrictions for them to drive in the UK.

Your quote above applies to holders of UK licences which expire when living in a country outside the UK, which clearly isn't the case here.

On this websight they aso say thatif you have a French drivers license you must have a medical check-up from 70 years of age every second year.

You'll get a letter automatically in the post about this Goose.

The information given in my first post is absolutely correct, I assure you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sagabelami - 5 years ago

Hello I just found this info on a websight:

www.just.landed

"A French driving licence is pink and contains a photograph. It’s issued for life, and recent proposals to make licences expire when the holder reaches the age of 70 were dismissed, as were suggestions that French licences should be superseded by European ones. However, if your foreign licence has limited validity (UK licences expire when you reach 70), you may be unable to renew it in the country of issue but must apply for a French licence."

On this websight they aso say thatif you have a French drivers license you must have a medical check-up from 70 years of age every second year.

OBS! I have not checked the  info.

Greetings

Saga

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garonne - 5 years ago

The 'GB 70' on your French licences isn't an age restriction.  This is a frequent misconception.  It's simply the code they put onto French licences relating to the fact that your original licence was GB.

So no restrictions and no worries :)