DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Immatriculation for UK car

Posted by James Morgan - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know the procedure for registering a UK car that was registered before 2000 ?  Are there any companies that do this as a service ?

Thanks

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jsey - 14 years ago

I had my Certificate back from Ford France in 7 days cost 116 euros and all papers returned from DRIRE 9 days later, cost 365 euros, you will need a French MOT if the cars old enough and headlights need converting, MOT 53 euros, then there is Insurance

The actual cost of registration depends on the engine capacity, in total the time taken to fill all required paperwork in should not take more than 15 mins.

It cost me in total including French insurance 1200 euros plus £100 to import headlights from US.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mark 1-191514 - 14 years ago

I CANT BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON IN ANTIBES CAN CHANGE OVER A CAR FROM ENGLISH PLATES TO FRENCH IN UNDER 3 WEEKS

BECAUSE IT SOMETIMES TAKES LONGER THAN THAT JUST TO GET THE CONFORMATIE PAPER FOR PARIS

Sorry no image available
Posted by ct06600 - 14 years ago

Try Eli Plenier at ASAP in Antibes... costs less then 460E and dosn't take 3 weeks. Call 0610734929

Thomas

Sorry no image available
Posted by James Morgan - 14 years ago

Thanks for the information.  Can you give me the contact details ?

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the information.  Can you give me the contact details ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiepodd - 14 years ago

No mention of headlight conversion but isn't that just a bit of sticky on the lamps.  As far as I am aware (my French being rather limited) it included all the necessary documentation and would take about three weeks.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the reply.

Is this for just doing the paperwork or does it include headlight conversion and spending the time with authorities getting it done ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiepodd - 14 years ago

Yep, there are companies that do this.  I have just been quoted 460 euros to prepare a file for my 1998 audi from husband/wife team in Grasse.