DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Importing car to france from UK

Posted by captain Oldcroft - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by captain Oldcroft - 5 years ago

Thanks for all hte info! Should be relatively simple as the car is left hand drive and european spec so headlights are fine! the owning company of the yacht also has the leasehold for the berth so again should be straight forward! Unfortunately i cannot keep it on uk plates as i have a french licence and you cannot drive a foreign reg car in France with a french licence!

With all this in mind do you know of a company that could do the leg work?

Sorry no image available
Posted by cizealin - 5 years ago

You will also have to change the front lights which could be expensive. Your alternative to save a lot of hassle would be to keep it on english plates and get an annual green card, (google stuart collins insurance) but then you will have to return it to MOT it every year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cizealin - 5 years ago

I think you will need to be the berth leaseholders here to be able to do that, with an attestation from the Capitainerie. Otherwise you will need an alternative French address, obviously a UK address will not do... otherwise paperwork is relatively easy but takes a little time, see the good section guide on angloinfo. Hope this helps, email me if you need more advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by captain Oldcroft - 5 years ago

Hi Julie, Yes european spec mercedes viano , currently registered to a yacht owner in UK that wants to register it in france under the yachts company(company in UK but boat here!)

Tim

Sorry no image available
Posted by pmm-180394 - 5 years ago

Hi, Yes

Provided the car is european spec. but need a bit mor info.

Julie